Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Healthy Cooking Tonight


I'm on a health kick for dinner tonight. I decided to make something very low in calories and fat. I grabbed this recipe from a very old issue of Cooking Light, it's simply called Marinated Grilled Drumsticks.

All you do is throw together in a large size ziploc bag:
8 pieces of drumsticks skin removed
1 cup Orange Juice
2 TB fresh squeezed lemon juice
4 tsp Soy Sauce
1 TB Dry Sherry
1 tsp Onion Pwdr
1 1/2 tsp of Balsamic Vin
1 1/2 tsp of Basil or Olive Oil
1 tsp dark sesame oil
2 minced garlic cloves
1/2 hot pepper sauce (I used Asian Chili Garlic Sauce 2 TB)
I also added a few dashes of Tapatio hot sauce not called for in the Cooking Light recipe.

Marinate for at least two hours. Throw on the grill. Keep brushing the chicken with the sauce as it cooks. Chopped up some green onions and toss with chicken when done. I made this with a side of sauteed vegetables in just 1 TB of oil and 1 TB of chicken Broth.

I've been drooling over the use of blueberries in recipes as found at Closet Cooking, but that is one fruit in my house that never lasts. My husband, the baby and myself gobble them up before I can get them into anything. :) Every time I open the frig with the baby in my hands she goes, "num..num..." and points to the blueberries and if I don't reach for them she will.

No comments: