Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Kung Pao Chicken With broccoli





















Here's a dish I make quite often, Kung Pao chicken version with and without Broccoli. I always us broccoli unless I don't have any on hand. Recipe adapted from Cooking Light

Sauté Broccoli in 1 TB of Canola Oil and 1 TB of Ginger, add 2 TB of water let it get crisp then remove from pan.
Sauté chicken with some pepper flakes.
Mix together 2 TB Soy Sauce, Hoison Sauce, 1 TB Red Vin, 2 TB Garlic, 1 TB Cornstarch and 1 cup of Broth. Stir in peanuts if you like and add sauce and broccoli to the chicken. It's not that healthy because it is fried, but it's a good way to get your vegies in, especially if you are not a fan of broccoli.

Today my daily walk was interrupted by the men in black. I starred off into the distance noticing 2 men wearing ties, white shirt and black pants and my immediate thought was to turn around and go back the other way. They have already spotted me before I could react. I was cornered and then began the advertisement of God. I don't have any thing against any religion but I do have something against someone trying to impose their beliefs on me. There's limitations with what you can say to a stranger, religion and politics is off the table. Two topics that should be avoided with anyone you don't know.

No comments: