Monday, December 29, 2008

Pecan Pie With Oatmeal Crust


































So, let me get to the desserts I made for the Holiday, starting with a very easy Maple Pecan Pie.
What makes this pie different from any other? I used Oatmeal for the crust, what a great idea right? I won't take the credit for it though, I grabbed this recipe from Cooking Light. I myself am not a fan of Pecan pie, but find many people are so I made a pie for almost every one in my circle of family and friends to enjoy.

The Holidays were so boring for me this year, I wanted them to just come and go and be done with. Mostly because I didn't get to enjoy them in my own home, it involved me sitting for endless hours and it felt like I just zoomed in and out of my Parents house in a hurry Christmas Eve since we had to go to both my parents and his parents house. I did get to enjoy some Posole, Tamales, Roast Beef and Champorado before rushing out the door of my parents house. One more holiday to go and I can start planning my vacation for next year's Holiday season to avoid them all together. I loved Christmas day because I not only got to cook I got to see my little one get excited over her Christmas toys. My man got me Giada's Kitchen cook book that I really wanted and I can't wait to try out some of those recipes.

2 comments:

test it comm said...

That pecan pie look really good!

Debbie said...

Thank you, I wish I can say that it did taste good but I'm just not a fan of Pecan pie. :) I still haven't had the chance to make that tasty onion side dish with cheese you made but it is definitely one I'm going to try soon.